Discussion in 'DWC/ Bubbleponics' started by firsttimeARE, Nov 12, 2014.
Looks like I reverted back to adding the CaNO3 then MgSO4 and then Mix. Fucking fail city.
Does this look like nute burn or potassium def?
I cannot find a happy spot with these plants. I want to flip them as they are getting tall, but they dont look healthy enough.
At 1.4EC and they are still dropping. Going to go to 1.6EC. Feed keeps dropping, but this stuff sort of looks like nute burn so im confused.
That's a K deficiency, not burn.
The fact that stems are easily broken, feed is dropping, veins staying green, tips are curling, margins inward are yellowing and plant is stretching. Im going to say potassium def.
Im giving it 300ppm of a 5-11-26. Should be enough. The stock mix is over a year old, but it still looks like day 1.
If the stock mix has been in liquid form for that long, beware.
I mentioned the ratio change that's been working for me, should help with the leaf curl.
Thursday my new 5-12-26 came in from JR Peters
Mixed the far right to 790ppm @ 5.6 and 36hours later I checked this morning and it was at 560ppm @ 6.4
The middle mixed at 760ppm @ 5.6 and now its at 660ppm @ 6.3
The far left was small so I started at 700ppm @ 5.6 and now it was at 660ppm @ 6.1
They were all very fucking hungry apparently. Im scratching my head cause I fed one at 1.6EC (790ppm) and it dropped to 1.12EC. I dont like to go over 1.6EC but this one seems to be begging for it. Im going to do another res change at 1.6EC to see if it was a huge drop cause it was so hungry. If I get another huge drop im kicking this bitch up to 1.8EC
Mixing at 2:3 CaNO3 to 5-12-26 and thats it
They have almost doubled in size since last week.
So i,upped them to 1.7EC
60 hours later one was at 1.4EC and 1.6EC on the other.
Added more water and upped to 1.9EC and 1.8EC respectively.
Ive never fed this much but the K def keeps spreading
I think I sorted out the yellowing tips. I added some epsom salts at 1g/gal into the equation and started using less CaNO3 to Mix. I was using EC 2:3 ratio when I should have been using 2:3 by grams.
Moved up to bigger containers, think 12gal, but they only fit 6gal of water with an insulation spacer. I taped where I cut the hole in the insulation just so it didnt get the foam wet and mold.
Currently they are at 1.6EC from 1.7EC (1.55EC starting feed)
Day 50 from seed I believe, ive cut a lot off of the plants or else theyd be into the lights. I need to get them under a 600w and into the RDWC (even though its a 4 site and I have 3 plants). Was going to wait until the mountain temples got big enough to sex and to bring a female over to the rdwc but im just wasting time trimming the larger plants back so I flipped them a few days ago.
This is my mountain temple veg about 3 weeks from seed. They are at 1.2-1.3EC(1.05-1.15EC feed). They are getting the same 3.7g/gal 5-12-26 and 2.44g/gal CaNO3 and 1g/gal MgSO4 except at a shy more than half strength. For my 5 gal buckets they fit 3gal before the water gets too close to netpot so it works out to 7.68oz at 50:1 stock so I just make it easy on myself and measure 8oz of each stock into 3 gal buckets and call it full strength when its really 105% about strength. Naturally for half strength I just use 4oz each which is more like 52.5%.
Going to make stronger stocks once I start using more water, right now im using about 50gal every 2-3 weeks and dont feel comfortable leaving stocks past that.
And these are clones I took off of whats in flower. Almost 2.5 weeks from cut.
Plan is to actually grow my limit and stop pussy footing with this whole hobby running a few plants here and there.
Therapy has been working and I can actually think clearly now without all that brain chatter/background noise. All the negative self talk bullshit. Slowly im leaving my perfectionist ways behind and the paradoxical procrastination that comes along with it.
Mostly its helping me get out of a rut ive been in for a very long time where I just do the same things over and over, never learning, never exploring, always preparing for bad things that never end up happening.
Nice. It sounds like you've had some insight.
Bought a new air pump and an 18valve outlet.
My general hydroponics dual diaphragm run about $18 per site and only 80GPH per site.
The danner ap-100 delivers 135GPH per site with an 18 valve diverter and run about $11 per site and at only 100w it runs 5.5w per site which is about the same as the GH pumps so these are more efficient.
Was about $205 amazon prime be here tomorrow, ordered last night. I love free 2 day shipping.
I also bought a 347CFM Vortex silent line S-600 im going to use to cool my 315w AC cmh and my 600w AC HPS. Its quiet without being hooked up to ductwork. Hooked up to ductwork you cannot even hear the thing running.
Flower is looking good
Veg that just got sent to flower is having issues with mg it looks like. I gave it 3g/gal of mix and 1g/gal of epsom but that rose my feed too high so I only did 1.33g/gal CaNO3.
I set to 1.5EC on Monday and they dropped initially to 1.4EC but now they rose a tad from last night. Tips are turning yellow this time but they are also wrinkling. I tried to capture it, but I have heard this is too hot of nutes.
So far it looks like 4 of 5 females in the Bodhi Mountain Temple. Im more than happy with those rates! That last one looks like it could go either way. So possibly 5 of 5.
Gonna run some,cuts later as I heard Bodhi lost his appalachia male so all appy crosses are hard to come by.
Will most likely pick up more Bodhi gear since they are doing a promo at james bean buy 2 packs get 1 free and each pack you buy you get entered into,a raffle to win some limited Bodhi pack.
Separate names with a comma.