Discussion in 'Grow Journals' started by BCbud316, Feb 7, 2018.
Nice look,I guess you will need to add the light for them soon.
I found it extremely annoying to have the scrog net on and do mainenmaint on the dwc setup.
Oh,that is annoying,how it comes and is there any good solution for it?
Because of the limited height of my tent I couldn't put the res on an elevated surface to drain and I definitely don't have enough room for an external res with a recirculating DWC set up.
The only way I could see scrog working with a hydro setup as small as mine would be hand fed coco pots but no way do I have time for that.
Day 42 in the books
By the way week 6 turned out with the reddening of the pistols hopefully this will be done by day 56-60.
Been running Ph 5.8 tap water for the last couple of days as a bit of a flush, pumped up now with 1-3-7 NPK at 800 ppm over tap water level which will hopefully be my final nutrient addition.
Buds definitely getting fatter and more dense as the days go on, more red hairs that are going back into the bud. I tried to get a shot of the trichomes but my loupe + iPad combo isn't doing them much justice - from what I can see a good amount of them on the biggest buds are cloudy but others on the outside still need a couple of weeks.
Hopefully day 45-56 will bring more weight gain and I can look more closely at giving her the chop.
Day 46, moved the tent so got an 'outside' shot
Plant is getting incredibly sticky
Day 47, a sad day
One of the stems broke while moving the tent so did an inspection and...the top nugs had around 30% amber trichomes on close inspection so I decided to do a staggered harvest. 34g wet weight from 5 nugs, hoping for 70+g dry total.
Still have 90% of the plant in tact but have serious concerns about blurple light penetration and growing in such a tight space.
Sorry about the stem man, sheet happens! What a badass plant. Still looks like quite a way to go (to my very inexperienced eyes anyway).
I dried out a little of the lower bud from the broken stem (under 2g wet) and the effect was an initial rush to the head followed by an excellent body high (and about 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep)
Looking good! 10hours of uninterrupted sleep.. havnt had one of those in a long long time hehe
The plant pretty much changed overnight, the lower buds caught up way faster than I expected, very good dispersion of amber trichomes.
Final weight 334g (11.7oz) wet + 87g of trim for edibles.
After drying I would expect 70-90g, not bad for a single plant under blurples - seed to harvest ~70 days. I would expect a lot more than this in a bigger tent and multiple well trained plants.
I think you harvested those too early.
When the vast majority of the buds I looked at had a solid amount of amber I decided to cut, the small I amount I tried other night almost put me into a coma compared to some money maker and orange kush I had on hand, I definitely don't need it to be any more of a couch lock effect.
There is no point in looking at trichomes while you still have so many of those long white pistils.
A lot of those long white pistils have been washed out by the LED table lamp 6" from them while trimming.
The whole premise of this grow is to turn it over as fast as possible, yes I will risk cutting too early but based on the trichomes (that almost every guide is saying to go by, especially white strains like white widow) and my sample cut the other day - the plant is 'ready' for harvest.
The next grow (starting in around 3 weeks) will feature 3 clones, all topped twice and healthy and read to be put into flower. I'll have a full ~80 days to flower so I'll be able to test a few things out.
This grow was a massive success
3 healthy clones
Wet weight of plant was 334g compared to 59g of my first grow and zero grams of my second grow.
I'd have gone at least 14 days longer if they were mine.
Shot of one of the early chop nugs, good amount of frost.
Nice work man! Looks tasty, can't wait for the smoke report!
Separate names with a comma.