How am I doing? Recommendations, tips and constructive criticism are all appreciated.

drangler

New Member
Clones from a friend: clone1.jpgclone2.jpg


Week 1 in DWC: week1a.jpgweek1b.jpg


Week 2 in DWC: week2a.jpgweek2b.jpg

I believe the strains are 3 Kings and Glue Lemon Haze.
TLDR;
In a 2x4 tent, I'm using 2 Igloo 5 gallon water coolers as my reservoirs. 2 x Tetra Whisper air pumps model 77855 feeding the top feed with the GH Farm kit, as well as "Bubble Bubba" bubble stones in the res. Nutrients are the GH Flora Micro, Gro and Bloom using 1tsp of each per gallon. I'm monitoring the water temp and it stays about 64-68 F. Air humidity currently at 54% but varies by about 10%. Tent air temp is currently at 75 F but gets down to around 65 F at night. And yes, before someone asks, those are speakers in the pictures playing music during light hours. My light is a Mars Hydro "Full Spectrum" LED 2ft x 4ft TSL 2000. I'm running them on 18/6 schedule now and 25% - 75% brightness. I started with 24/0 but they didn't seem to like that too much and showed significant improvement once I gave them an evening break. I'm just using tap water for now, it is sub 200 PPM. I may switch to softened water once I change out my brine tank from sodium to potassium chloride. On order is a couple 2ft CFL T5 fixture that will hold a pure UVA 25% and UVB 75% bulb and the other a 10K finishing bulb, both from ArgoMax. I know some say the 10K is far from necessary but I want to and some UV and needed a counterbalance anyway so, figured I'd give it a shot. I have been pruning a little here and there, so far only leaves that were dying out, curling up, yellowing, etc. Is this too soon for pruning?

How am I doing? Recommendations, tips, criticisms? I see the claw in week 1 but that seems to have gone down. The plants seem pretty light colored to me. Should I increase one or all of the nutes? This is my first grow so I'm still a noob and learning the plant / leaf behavior to hopefully spot issues before they become big issues. I also tried adding some off-the-shelf liquid root stimulator but after a couple days, the plants looked worse, so I changed out the res solution; it was using "ferti-lome" 4-10-3. Maybe I just used too much or it's not ideal for cannabis, hell maybe it is expired and went bad.

Also, is it just my inexperience talking but does the one on the right look funky for :leaf:? The left one looks very standard to me but the other doesn't even look like any plants I've seen. Then again, I've only ever seen enough plants to count on 1 hand.
 
Last edited:

drangler

New Member
Very cool @mytwhyt you helped me get started a couple months ago and answered some questions! Thanks again! I may end up converting to the recirculating setup after this grow.
 

mytwhyt

Well-Known Member
When you decide to change to recirculating I'll tell you the exact parts that'll make it easy to do..
 

Failmore

Well-Known Member
Tips are looking burned. What strength are you feeding at?

200ppm starting is on the higher side of acceptable for usable tap. Not saying you can't. Just not ideal.

They look to be recovering, just maybe got the nute strength to hi on newly rooted clones.

You only need a small amount of feed atm.
 

drangler

New Member
Thank you @Failmore, I have been feeding them the GH Flora Micro, Gro and Bloom using 1tsp of each per gallon (with 4 gallons of water per res). I was thinking they were looking too pale so I was considering increasing the nutes but from your observation & recommendation, sounds like I should wait until they are larger.
 

Failmore

Well-Known Member
Thank you @Failmore, I have been feeding them the GH Flora Micro, Gro and Bloom using 1tsp of each per gallon (with 4 gallons of water per res). I was thinking they were looking too pale so I was considering increasing the nutes but from your observation & recommendation, sounds like I should wait until they are larger.
Do you know what the ppm or ec of that solution is? I don't use GH so not my specialty. I was running about 0.8ec for plants that size which includes the 0.33ec of my tap. 0.33ec is about 150ppm 500scale.
 

drangler

New Member
I'm surprised to report the ppm of the res solution is 658. I had only been checking it every few days. I probably should have been paying attention to the fact that I've been adding more PH down than I had been, making the ppm get high. Just took some readings, my city feed is 185 PPM, from the carbon filter in the refrigerator it only takes it down to 170 PPM and from the water softner i'm at 184. I've been using un-softned water. Thinking I need to invest in some water treatment...

Short term, thankfully I have a gallon of distilled water in the house. I think I'll dump out a half gallon each res and add that distilled in to hopefully take the PPM down enough.
 

Failmore

Well-Known Member
I'm surprised to report the ppm of the res solution is 658. I had only been checking it every few days. I probably should have been paying attention to the fact that I've been adding more PH down than I had been, making the ppm get high. Just took some readings, my city feed is 185 PPM, from the carbon filter in the refrigerator it only takes it down to 170 PPM and from the water softner i'm at 184. I've been using un-softned water. Thinking I need to invest in some water treatment...

Short term, thankfully I have a gallon of distilled water in the house. I think I'll dump out a half gallon each res and add that distilled in to hopefully take the PPM down enough.
Yeah that is flowering plant strength feed.
 
>
Top